Friday, January 29, 2010

OMM '10

Happy New Year! I haven't spoken to you since the calendar reset so I can still say that. Don't you hate when people are still saying Happy New Year in March though? It's like come on, dude. We're 1/3 in already. Anyway I hope your year has gotten off to a successful start. You gotta love January. Not so much for the weather but more for the fact that everybody heads into the year with the best intentions. On 1/1 everyone gets a chance for a new beginning and a fresh start. Well let me tell you about a new beginning that we can all get excited about.

Our Milk Money is heading into its 3rd year and I've never been more excited about the future of this site. I have watched OMM grow from a germ of an idea in November of '07 to the full launch in March of '08 and the movement it's helped to create since then. And from being on the inside, I can honestly say that there are things in the works that will make OMM members thrilled and make non OMM members join up. Amongst these things are an updated site, a staff of volunteers, and more publicity for your business. Don't believe me? the site is getting its own Internet radio show for God's sake. Seriously. Stay tuned for details but it's coming in February and you'll probably all be on it at some point as a guest plugging your business. By the way, just cause I was there doesn't mean I did any work. I didn't. For those that pay attention you may have noticed that my last name is the same as the owner and founder of this site. Or rather her last name is the same as mine. That's no coincidence. I am lucky enough to have been married to Ally for the last 7 1/2 years. She on the other hand is probably ready to chew her leg off and get out of this trap, but she grits her teeth and endures the pain. I do not exaggerate one iota when I say I have never seen anyone put as much passion and hard work into a project as I've seen Ally put into OMM. Blood, sweat, and tear 24/7 for the last three years. It has not always been easy. In fact let me amend that. It has NEVER been easy. This thing drove her crazy at times. Un...yeeeaaaah. I mean that literally by the way. Ask here where she spent the first weekend of June '08. She has never strayed from her original vision or purpose and is constantly looking for ways to improve and grow this site as well as your business. She is also a fantastic mother to 2 extremely demanding little boys and a wonderful wife to a grumpy third child. So believe me when I say that you are in good hands and can trust that Ally is determined to grow not only your business, but the stay at home business network until it is its own little community with a working, breathing economy. She talks about it much better than I do by the way. I just write stupid stories about Jedi shows. Anyway this year resolve to do two things. First turn to your spouse and thank them for all the hard work they do whether it's head to an office for a job or stay at home and raise a family while growing a home business. The 2nd thing? Get excited about OMM 2010. Jump on board and enjoy the ride!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your account of the last few years and your predictions for the future! I'm sure you do your part like taking the kids to the playground when work needs to get done. We work-at-home moms love that kind of help!
    Happy Birthday, Chris!

    ReplyDelete